Welcome to Mountain Therapeutic Clinic!
For your convenience, we will explain our office policies so that we can serve you more efficiently. Please read the following carefully and keep for your files.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume oils, as your bodies normal smell can be an important diagnostic tool.
- Please provide us with a list of any medications and/or supplements you are currently taking.
- Acupuncture is a very safe medical procedure and well known for its efficacy and lack of side effects. Occasionally, bruising may occur. Do not be alarmed, but if you have questions or concerns, we encourage you to call the office.
- We recommend relaxation after treatment.
- Please pay in full at the time of service. We accept insurance, but many insurance companies do not cover acupuncture. We can assist you in verifying whether or not your policy covers acupuncture and if so what are the requirements. Be aware that at present, Medicare does not cover acupuncture in the state of North Carolina. Please see FINANCIAL POLICY below.
- There may be a $45 charge for cancellation of your appointment with less than 24 hours notice. At the Mountain Therapeutic Clinic, we schedule a specific amount of time to be with each patient. We do this because we are committed to providing the very best service. An advance cancellation notice allows an opportunity to extend our services to other people.
- Please be on time for your appointments. If you find that you cannot be on time please notify us. If you are late for your appointment, we may not be able to see you.
- All herbs, patents, liniments, etc. are paid for at the time of receipt.
- Please advise us of any change in your address or phone number(s).
- To help maintain a peaceful and healthful environment, please turn your cell phone off while at the clinic.
Thank you for considering Mountain Therapeutic as your healthcare provider. We are committed to your treatment being successful and assisting you towards better health. Finances are an integral part of life. The following is a statement of our financial policy, which we ask you to read and sign prior to any treatment.
Our fees are determined by the complexity of each case and different services used. Call for more information. General fee structure:
Initial Diagnostic Acupuncture Session $125-$250
Ongoing Acupuncture Session $75-$150
Therapeutic Massage Hour $75-$150
Therapeutic Massage 1/2 Hour $45-$90
Adjunct Services $ Varies by modality
Each service’s first number indicates discounted amount for payment at time of service.
Usual and Customary Rates UCR:
Our practice is committed to providing the best treatment possible for our patients. We charge what is usual and customary for our area. Please be aware that some and at times perhaps all of the services may be non-covered services and not considered reasonable and necessary by medical insurance. All payments are due at the time of service.
Unless cancelled at least 24 hours in advance, our policy is to charge for missed appointment at the rate of $45 if you are a repeat offender of this rule. Your treatments will be more effective if you follow your physician’s guidelines and stick to your treatment schedule. Please help us to serve you better by keeping your scheduled appointments. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
We will verify coverage prior to treatment and we will file all claims as a courtesy to you. If for any reason we are not able to verify coverage prior to your treatment, you will be charged for the treatment until verification is obtained. We cannot bill your insurance unless you bring us all necessary insurance information. We are not a party to that contract. By signing this document, you are assigning to this office the benefits to which you are eligible to receive for care rendered in this office. Additionally, in signing this document you authorize the release of any information to any insurance company, adjuster or attorney that will assist in the payment of a claim. We request a commitment for payment from you if the insurance company should not pay claims or any balances owed should there be any difference in the amount owed.
Our preferred form of payment is cash or personal check. However, we are set up to take credit cards as well. Let us know if finances are a problem. Money should not stand between you and health. We will try and work out something with you. To keep our overhead down and our fees as low as we can, we ask that you pay on the day of each visit.
Paying at the time of service versus filing for insurance reimbursement allows us to offer patients substantial savings. In addition we are able to offer discounted packages if you pre-pay for a series of treatments. No matter what your financial situation is, we can tailor a treatment package for you.
To learn more about office policies regarding payments and policies please contact us directly. We will provide the service of verifying your insurance benefits, free of charge, today! Contact us today for more information. Or you can use the VERIFY YOUR INSURANCE button below.
There is a $30 charge for returned checks.
Cancelled or Late Appointments
We reserve appointments especially for each person. Please respect the time of other patients and plan to arrive on time. If you have to cancel an appointment, please do so at least a day in advance. Otherwise there may be a charge. Your slot is time someone else could use. Thanks for your consideration.
Today many health insurance companies cover the cost of acupuncture treatments. We accept all major insurances including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, United Health Care, Veterans Affairs, Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation cases. Each of these insurers offer different plans to choose from, some of which include acupuncture benefits and some of which may not, but we will help you find out if your plan covers our services.
By contacting us today we can begin the process of verifying your insurance benefits through your insurance provider. Some of the answers that we will obtain for you are:
- Does your policy cover acupuncture?
- Does your coverage have any exclusions or limitations?
- Do you have in or out-of-network coverage?
- Do you have an annual deductible?
- Do you have a co-payment or co-insurance?
- Do you have an annual visit limit?
If your policy covers our treatments, we will bill your insurance provider for our services. If our services are not covered under your plan, then you will be informed of alternate payment options for future treatments during your consultation. We accept cash, check and most major credit cards.
Mountain Therapeutic accepts insurance for acupuncture patients. In order to best serve you we can verify your insurance benefits before you arrive.
Mountain Therapeutic accepts insurance for acupuncture and massage patients. In order to best serve you we can verify your insurance benefits before you arrive. Please click on the link below and complete the online form. You will be contacted as soon as the benefits are established.